If you’ve ever seen images on t-shirts folded using the KonMari method and you’re ready to learn how to do it, read on.
The KonMari Method is a method of organizing and decluttering your home developed by Japanese organizing consultant Marie Kondo. The method involves sorting through all of your belongings, keeping only those items that “spark joy,” and organizing them in a way that is aesthetically pleasing and functional.
The goal of the KonMari Method is to create a peaceful and organized living space, and to help people develop a deeper appreciation for the things they own. The method has been popularized through Kondo’s books, as well as her Netflix show “Tidying Up with Marie Kondo.”
To fold t-shirts using the KonMari method, follow these steps:
- Lay the t-shirt out flat on a surface with the front facing down.
- Smooth out any wrinkles or creases.
- Place one hand on the top of the t-shirt, near the collar.
- With your other hand, grab the bottom hem of the t-shirt and pull it up towards the collar until the entire t-shirt is gathered in a tube-like shape.
- Fold the left side of the t-shirt over to the right side, making sure the sleeves are aligned.
- Fold the t-shirt in half again, this time bringing the bottom hem up towards the collar.
- The t-shirt should now be in a neat, rectangular shape that is easy to store in a drawer or on a shelf.
It’s important to note that the KonMari method emphasizes tidying and organizing your home by category, rather than by location. This means that you should start by gathering all of your t-shirts together, rather than folding each one as you take it out of the drawer. This will help you get a better sense of how many t-shirts you have and how they fit into your overall wardrobe.
If you want an in-person lesson on how to fold t-shirts using the KonMari method, set up a free phone consultation.